Substance has an opportunity for a product designer to join its office in Hong Kong, China.
Substance is an award-winning multidisciplinary branding and interior design agency focusing on high-end F&B, hospitality and residential projects.
At the very epicentre of Hong Kong’s design revolution, our 22-person shop uses design as a tool to rejuvenate culture and local neighbourhoods, creating works of substance that make Hong Kong a place people look to for inspiration. Ever daring and ever curious, we are constantly venturing into new projects and industries, including the launch of our exclusive line of furniture and lighting.
We attract the type of clients who appreciate uniquely crafted designs and that allow us to do things we could have only dreamed of. With commissions spanning the globe, we are now active in Hong Kong, Seoul, Hoi An, Singapore, Bali, Bangkok, Megève and Rio de Janeiro.
We are looking for a highly creative and ambitious product designer to join our team as part of our growing custom-made furniture, lighting and accessories design and production activity.
The successful candidate will be both an independent problem solver, as well as a proven team player when it comes to getting the job done. We’re looking for an individual who takes details and aesthetics seriously, and is interested in taking on the most challenging and rewarding projects around the globe.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, get excited about finding smarter ways to do things, and have a burning desire to be part of a winning team where you can truly make a difference, we want to meet you.
- discussing the design brief with the creative team
- producing detailed, final hand drawings and specifications
- using dedicated computer software – CAD to produce design specifications
- working closely with creative director, senior product designer and rest of the creative team to ensure the best quality of deliverables and design
- producing reports and presenting ideas to colleagues at various stages of the design process
- modifying and improving ideas according to feedback received
- overseeing the testing of the chosen design
- minimum three years experience in drafting F&B/hospitality/retail interior drawings and decoration projects
- proficient in Rhinoceros 3D, SolidWorks, Adobe Creative Suite
- fully fluent in English, Cantonese/Mandarin is a plus
- highly motivated and reactive, passionate about design and a good team player
- a bachelor’s degree in industrial design or product design or similar field is required
Working language: English
Salary: based on experience, negotiable
Please submit your application package including a CV and portfolio, all in English, using the ‘apply’ link below.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.