Head of design
&Tradition is seeking a highly creative and passionate head of design to join its team in Copenhagen, Denmark.
You will be responsible for leading and directing the development of our collection and will play a significant role within the company. You will report directly to our CEO and we offer a full-time position with a starting date as soon as possible.
About the job
As head of design your role will be to ensure and oversee a successful and commercial development of our collection consisting of new designs and older classics. You will work closely with external designers and you will lead both internal and external resources to ensure that every project meets its deadline and is completed to the highest standards. You will collaborate across departments, especially our brand and product development departments. Some travelling will be required.
Your key responsibilities and tasks will include:
- responsible for the development of &Tradition’s collection – strategically as well as operationally
- manage the design process from start to finish and ensure a proper handover to the product development and brand team
- responsible for art direction
- responsible for motivating and developing a strong design team
- to stay aware and ahead of the current competition as well as industry trends and developments
- several years of experience from a similar position in the design industry
- an analytical approach to our designs and collection
- excellent time management skills and a high level of commercial awareness
- strong presentational skills
- an ability to lead, inspire and manage a motivated team
- a broad knowledge and appreciation of new design influences and trends
- fluent in English – oral and written
You are a driven and visionary individual with ambition to lead a design department, both creatively and commercially. You have a great eye for design and understand how this interacts with and supports successful campaign and brand messaging. You like being involved in the day to day work and can focus on smaller details whilst maintaining the ability to consider the bigger picture both strategically and analytically. Furthermore, you must thrive in a busy environment where ambitions are high and being adaptable is key.
We look forward to hearing from you
If you have any questions about the position, you are more than welcome to contact us on +45 3920 0233. Please upload your CV and cover letter to our website as soon as possible and no later than October 27 2019. We evaluate applications and conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
&Tradition is a Danish design company established in 2010 with the founding principle being tradition tied to innovation. Our unique library of furniture and lighting spans from the 1930s to the present day and consists of designs by internationally renowned designers.