Cousins & Cousins is hiring an interior designer and FF&E manager to join its team in London.
Cousins & Cousins is an established 20-strong architecture and interior design studio and is looking for a middle weight interior designer and FF&E manager to join our team in north London.
This position requires a hands-on, creative individual with strong organisational skills and excellent supplier and material knowledge. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the design process from inception to completion. They will be working on the refurbishment of a listed building in central London into a boutique hotel and members club, as well as on other interiors and architectural projects within the office.
- autonomous as well as being a team player
- strong problem-solving skills and onsite experience
- strong level of attention to detail
- passion for all aspects of design
- thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment
- effective negotiation skills and ability to build supplier relationships
Qualifications and skills:
- minimum of two years post qualification experience with a degree in interior design or interior architecture
- experience in high end residential and hospitality
- ability to create and develop design concepts for client presentation as well as working closely with the managing and creative directors
- fully competent to oversee FF&E specifications of all soft and hard materials/finishes and project schedules
- up-to-date knowledge of furniture, lighting suppliers and their products on varied budgets
- experience of project stages from conception to completion
- creation and management of FF&E budgets
- ability to present to clients effectively
- ability to read and understand technical drawings
- FF&E as well as hard finishes knowledge
- knowledge of local and online showrooms and resources, industry trends
- experience in bespoke furniture design and production
- proficient in Adobe Creative Suite essential, and knowledge of Microstation advantageous
Cousins & Cousins is a sociable and collaborative studio. We offer a competitive salary, a company pension scheme, health care, flexitime, staff events and activities and contribution to professional subscriptions.
Please provide an application by email or hard copy to include CV, portfolio and covering letter with up to 150 words explaining why you would like to work at Cousins & Cousins.
We will only be able to respond to successful applicants and will not discuss particular applications on the telephone, however we sincerely appreciate your interest in the studio.
No agencies or third-party applications, please. Cousins & Cousins is an equal opportunities employer.