Perkins & Will has a vacancy for a junior interior designer to join its team in London.
Junior interior designer – corporate interiors
We are an award-winning international design firm and industry leaders in commitment to sustainable design. Our London office is established as one of the most successful design firms in the UK and Europe, delivering a wide range of professional design services including corporate interiors, strategic workplace consultancy services, new build architecture, large scare urban design and planning development and hospitality.
Perkins&Will London office are currently recruiting for talented junior interior designers, with experience in corporate interiors. There is growth potential within the company for the right candidates. Perkins&Will are an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
- to support the partners, directors, associates and job runners at all stages of a project(s) from inception through to completion
- represent the practice and raise its’ profile in a positive manner
- contribute to the development of the practice
- attend CPD’s on a regular basis and maintain an up to date CPD record
- regularly contribute to design reviews by way of gathering and presenting information
- assist with the preparation of tender presentation material
- assist in the collection and preparation of the project briefing documents
- assist with design and production information
- produce presentation finishes boards
- research products and material specifications and Investigate suitability for use and maintenance
- research of furniture desking systems and integration with IT
Skills and experience:
- demonstrate an ability to develop excellent design and technical skills
- ability to undertake on-going research of furniture systems, products, finishes and materials
- good interpersonal skills and a good team player
- demonstrate the ability to develop client management skills
- good AutoCAD and Revit skills and a good working knowledge of other project software
- excellent hand drawing skills
- good colour sense
- working knowledge of building regulations, British Standards and other relevant statutory legislation
- a degree in interior design or interior architecture
- have the ability to communicate pleasantly and professionally with both staff and clients
- possess an enthusiastic interest in design and creativity
- be self-motivated and committed to achieving personal and company missions and visions
No agencies please.