Tom Dixon is looking for a sales manager to join its team in Berlin, Germany.
DACH (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) is one of the most mature and stable markets for Tom Dixon and therefore being key to the overall European growth ambitions we are expanding our European sales team, in order to sustain and support those growth ambitions. The sales manager will be based in Germany and will be reporting directly into our general manager of northern and central Europe.
Established in 2002, Tom Dixon is a British design and manufacturing brand with a commitment to innovation. We design, develop and sell extraordinary objects and spaces for everyday use, including lighting, furniture and interiors.
The company has a well-established global customer base which has achieved double digit growth over recent years and is set to continue this trend over the next five years.
The company has offices in London, New York and Hong Kong, and launches new collections bi-annually at the Milan furniture fair and Maison in Paris. Our extraordinary new head office is located at:
1 Bagley Walk
About the role
As part of our ongoing ambition to build the global Tom Dixon Brand experience and deliver growth in sales with our key partners, we’re looking for a sales manager – DACH. You’ll be working alongside the top salespeople in the industry and helping to build client relationships and meet sales targets.
More specifically, you will:
- strategically drive and proactively manage the growth of our business in the DACH region
- proactively manage our agents in the market
- develop relationships with our retailers, A&D’s and contract dealers
- co-develop and execute medium- and long-term sales plans for DACH
- carefully manage our contract and retail activities through strategic collaboration with our agents and key customers
- identify and approach new customers
- manage product training sessions for customers as required
- be available for international travel involving multiple overnight stays to work at company international events such as tradeshows
- you are open-minded and enjoy sharing your experience and knowledge with your customers and the greater business
- you are able to work in a team, as well as independently
- you are a self-starter and structured
- delivering sales growth motivates you and you like to understand and relay the numbers
- you are passionate about presenting to A&Ds, but also enjoy retail and contract sales as well
- you are a great storyteller and you can identify with the brand
- fluent in (written and spoken) English and German is required
- proven sales experience within the industry is essential
- a degree in interior design, architecture or business would be a preference but is not essential
- confident in building and delivering presentations, sometimes to large groups of architects and designers
- have a clean EU driver’s license
If this role excites you and what we’re looking for sounds like you, please send your CV, together with a covering letter, describing why you think you are the right person for us to John Diamond, general manager northern and eastern Europe, using the ‘apply’ link below.
For the right candidate, we will offer a competitive remuneration package alongside the opportunity to build an extraordinary career within one of the world’s leading design agencies and lifestyle brands.
We embrace diversity in all applicant’s backgrounds.